- Kuruppu S.S., Rote J., “Replacing single-phase ACIMs with three-phase BLDC motors saves energy”, Texas Instruments Inc. White Paper.
- Kuruppu S.S., Ariyur K.B., Kulatunga, N.A., “Electric Machine vs. Mechanical Brakes for Traction Control with Real Time Extremum Seeking Control”, IECON’14, 2014
- Kuruppu S.S., Kulatunga, N.A., “D-Q Current Signature Based Faulted Phase Identification for SM-PMAC Machine Drives”, Industrial Electronics IEEE Transactions on, Vol.62, no.1, pp.113,121, Jan. 2015
- Kuruppu S.S., Kulatunga, N.A., “D-Q Current Signature based Single Winding Open Fault Detection for SM-PMAC Machine Drives”. IEEE IEMDC 2013 Chicago, IL.
- Kuruppu S.S., Kulatunga, N.A., “Hardware – Software Hybrid Open Single Phase Diagnostic Scheme for PMAC Machines”. IEEE EIT 2013.
- Kuruppu S.S., Kulatunga, N.A., “Smart meter based Non-intrusive Appliance Detection Algorithm for Local Real Time Feedback Purposes”. IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Asia 2012
- Kulatunga, N.A., Loetscher, R., Kuruppu, S.,“Smart meter based tools to enhance feedback oriented DSM with time of use rates”. Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT Europe), 2010 IEEE PES.
- Abeyratne S. G., Kuruppu S.S., Divarathne C.M., Handapangoda D.K., Senevirathne S.M.A.J., Dayratne U.I., “A Self Adaptable Intelligent Battery Charger for Portable Electronics”. IEEE-ISIE’08 in Cambridge UK
- Kuruppu S.S., Kumara A.P., Mahawaththa S.D., Padmakumara N, J. V. Wijekulasooriya. “Intelligent Path Detector”, Annual Technical Conference of Institution of Engineering and Technology-Younger Members Section-Sri Lanka (IET-YMS) 2006, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka, Pg 53. Won 2nd Best Paper Award (out of 20 Papers)
- Bandara J.,Kuruppu S.S., Pradeep U.W., “The promoting effect of MgO layer in sensitized photo degradation of colorants on TiO2/MgO composite oxide.”, Elsevier, Colloids &Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 276 (2006), Pg 197
- “Motor Fault Detector”, Inventors – Stephen J. Fedigan, Sandun S. Kuruppu, Paul Brohlin, US20160315576 A1
- Stator and/or Rotor Reference Frame Current Signature based Motor Fault Diagnostic Algorithm (TI-74917),
- Inventors – Sandun S. Kuruppu
- "Very High Frequency Voltage Injection for Inter-turn Fault Detection", (TI-74864),
- Inventors – Stephen J. Fedigan, Sandun S. Kuruppu
- Nexteer Technical Conference Presentation on “Software based Motor Position Sensor Calibration”
- Poster presentation, “Smart Meter Based Non-Intrusive appliance detection ”, at IEEE, EIT Conference at IUPUI Campus, Indianapolis, USA (2012)
- Guest presenter, “Smart Metering”, Women in Engineering Program, Purdue University (2011)
- Lecturer, “Smart Energy Utilization”, Smart Meter Integration Lab, Purdue University (2010)
- Guest presenter , “Career Opportunities in Conventional and Renewable Electrical Energy”, Purdue University Statewide campus, Kokomo, IN, USA (2009)
- Project progress presentation, “Universal Adapting Battery Charger”,IFEC’07 for Applied Power Electronics Conference 2007 (APEC’07), Disney Land Hotel, Anaheim, California, USA (2007)
- Student paper presenter, “Intelligent Path Detector” IET Young members conference, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka